Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Journey to Life

     Life is full of surprises.Sometimes there are happenings in our lives that we did not expect. Maybe happy or sad, unnecessary or not. But we still keep on going and go with the flow in the journey called life.
     In my seventeen years of existing here in world as an eldest daughter of my parents, there are lots of duties and responsibilities that I am going to meet. There are lot of expectations that I'm going to fulfill. That's a life of being an eldest especially as an eldest daughter. All of the eyes are looking at you and every action that I'm going to make means a lot of them. Maybe because I serve as the model to my brother and sisters and I look it in a positive way. In a way that all they want is what would be the best for me and also because they are caring for me not to be in a wrong path.
     Being an eldest daughter is a challenge and also a privilege to me. A challenge because they are looking forward of a brighter future for me and also a privilege in a way that my parents really trusted me. That's what I like to my parents. Their full trust and support was being shown to me. And in return I will take an initiative not to break their trust on me. I am so grateful because their trust and support is really there even though I enter into a boy and girl relationship. Most of the parents don't want their daughters to be involve in that maybe because they see that I can be trusted and they're also see the sincerity of my boyfriend they accepted him, they accepted us. 
     I am so happy with the family I have.Even though my parents are busy because both of them are working but still the bonding is there. The kind of treatment that my parents shown to us is not like an authoritative way but in a gentle manner.Yes, I really respect them, they are doing their role as a parents but not in a sense that we are afraid or ashamed to them particularly with my father.
     I have a kind of attitude which is not so vocal with my feelings more so in expressing it in actions.  Maybe because I don't know how to express my feelings, but this is me. I am a silent type of person but deep inside of me I really appreciate those persons who really love me and accepted me as who I am and what I am.
     My goal in life is to help my family especially to my parents someday. They are the one who make sacrifices just for my own sake. I want that both of them will stop working to earn money. I want that someday I will be the one working for them and to return the sacrifices they have done to me. Seeing my family stable and satisfied is what I wanted most. They serve as my inspiration to do good and to be successful in the future. And also by the grace of our God, this will be possibly made.
     Life is too short. All I do is to value all the persons I have presently and to cherish each moment of my life. Honestly, I did not give much effort to excel in every aspect of my life because all of these are temporary and all of these will perish. I just want to live life in a simple way together with my family and loved ones and also to enjoy the life that God given to me.

1 comment:

  1. Kim, congratulations for your nice literature post. I know that you are a responsible and hardworking student. Please continue to be so as a way of giving back your gratitude to your parents.Your special someone will serve as your inspiration as you paddle through life's depths but still keep your focus in your studies. Always be in constant contact with God and resolve to have your life anchored deeply on Him. Enjoy life as it is. May God be your lifetime companion. Kim, I will be praying for you. God bless you in everything you do.

    ReplyDelete